Monday, June 30, 2008

Noelle's first steps


I was chastised by my sister yesterday for not blogging enough. Fortunately, today was decently eventful. Noelle took her first steps. Sadly, James was unable to see her achieve this long awaited milestone. He was sleeping after another long night at work. Don't worry, I promptly woke him up to tell him. She unexpectedly stood up in the middle of the floor and took five steps to me....well, to the chocolate chip Rice Krispies treat that I was eating after lunch. She's so her father's daughter. Go figure she would be chasing some chocolate. You have to hand it to her, she knows what she wants. Unfortunately, we were quite unsuccessful trying to get her to do it again. Especially for the camera. She just wanted to eat it. (The camera, that is)


I guess that's it for the "eventful day". I struggled to get her to sleep tonight. So instead, we played around, like little girls at a slumber party. I was actually trying to get her to walk for the camera, but she just wanted to play.



This was me, showing Noelle how to take the obligatory self portrait for the Internet.

This was Noelle deciding that she didn't like the glasses on Mama.


This was Noelle trying to show Mama who she thinks should really be wearing the glasses.


This is Noelle, Master Diva. She knows who really looks the best with the glasses on. Oh well.

Her mama would like to apologize for the way we look. We WERE supposed to be sleeping at the time. Sometimes, I wonder who really is the parent in this relationship. It's obvious who is really in charge. No need to tell me how unflattering these pictures are, as I'm aware. I posted them against my better judgement. However, in my defense, it was really late. Sometimes, my judgement lapses during this late hour.


Well, hopefully we are able to record some of her first steps here soon. She walked several times during this late night, but by then, the camera battery had died. We'll keep trying. We're crossing our fingers for her to be walking, at least, semi-well for her first birthday on Sunday. Here's hoping...

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Yay, Noelle!!!! That's great (though they NEVER seem to want to do these things in front of the camera)And I actually didn't thing your pictures looked bad, It looked like you guys were having a great time, Kudos mama!

Just a side not, Malachi took his first step like a week before his Birthday, too. I'm very happy for you all! Call me if you need help getting things ready for her Birthday party. I can come early to help set up.

Brett & Honnelore said...

Cute girl! Congratulations to Noelle for her first steps! I can't believe she is a year old. We can't wait to see her on Sunday. What do you want us to bring? Just let us know.

Grandma Bailee said...

Way-to-go Noelle. I knew she was so close. Now they'll be no keeping her out of trouble. Wait, she's too cute to get in trouble. The fun begins though keeping her out of everything and running away from you. We love you Noelle!