Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day
















Well Father's Day is officially over for us. I'm horrible with keeping gifts, so I gave James his last week sometime. I bought him a Jamie Oliver cookbook. He is his favorite. Did I mention James loves to cook? Yeah, I know...I'm pretty spoiled. I'm sure people wonder exactly what I do anyway. I am pretty good at heating up frozen dinners though. We went to James' parents on Sunday to celebrate Father's Day then. Pretty fun and pretty hot too. My nephews Malachi, Jeremiah and Bryson were running around being boys and being cute. The youngest, Elijah was just sitting on his Nanny's lap eating everything in sight. He's pretty cute. He always has the same look on his face. Good thing it's a cute one. Then tonight we celebrated with my family at the park. After my nieces played "Ring Around the Rosies" around Noelle and me for awhile, they went on a hunt for dinosaurs. Sydney tried to escape from her parents a few times, with no success. Bailee is apparently convinced there is a dinosaur growing in her tummy. I'll just have to take her word for it. Elyse was just being as cute and sweet as ever. Still too young to cause trouble. She's the prettiest baby and I just adore her.

It was James' first Father's Day. I'm so proud of him. I couldn't have asked for a better husband or father to my child. He makes having babies easy. He pulls way more than his share of the load. I know men like that are hard to come by. He absolutely takes pleasure in caring for his baby. He would do everything if I would let him. (It's actually pretty tempting.) I've never met anyone more selfless or pure-hearted. I'm lucky to even know him, let alone be married to him. I'm very grateful for him.

It's obvious that my Father-in-law, Steve, did an awesome job of raising him. He raised two of the most amiable, kindhearted, upstanding men I've ever met. He also raised 4 beautiful and incredible women. Steve is sweet, chivalrous and honorable. He loves his grand kids. I'm fortunate to have him as a Father-in-law.

I have an awesome Father, who was an example of the kind of man I should marry. He's generous, noble, loving and sweet. He's charismatic and people are just drawn to him. He can make friends with any random stranger. I'm truly blessed to call him my Dad. I wouldn't trade him for the world.

I love all the fathers in my life. I wouldn't be here without any of them. Noelle has yet to understand how lucky she is the have these men in her life. Especially in this day and age.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Awww.. you almost had me in tears. Great post!

Grandma Bailee said...

Holly, what a great blog. You're awesome, always looking for people's good. You are lucky to have James & he's lucky to have you. He's a natural at being a dad but you've amazed me as a Mom. We love you. Grandma Bailee

Brett & Honnelore said...

Happy Father's Day to James! He is a great dad and Noelle is lucky to have him.

Josh and Jay said...

Look!! You figured it out!! It looks great!